The physical layout of this keyboard was designed for English-language users. However, it is possible to change the virtual layout so that key presses register as with a keyboard for another language. It is also possible for the wrong language to get set for the keyboard causing unexpected characters to be typed. You can change the layout and using the language settings for the device. Here is how to do it for Android, iOS, and Windows:
- Open Settings
- Scroll down and tap Language and Input. You should see Plugable Folding Keyboard under Physical keyboard.
- Tap Physical Keyboard. Choose Keyboard Layout will appear.
- At the bottom tap Set Up Keyboard Layouts.
- On the list that appears, select the language you want. You can set more than one and switch back and forth if desired.
- Tap the Back key to go back to the previous window. The keyboards you chose should now be available.
- Select the keyboard you want to use
- Tap the home screen button to close Settings.
- Open Settings
- Tap on General
- Scroll down and tap on Keyboard.
- Tap on Keyboards
- Tap Add New Keyboard
- From the list, select the keyboard you want to add.
- Tap Edit at the top-right to remove or reorder keyboards.
- Right-click Start and select Control Panel.
- Under Clock, Language, and Region, select Change Input Methods
- Click Add a Language at the upper left
- Click on the language you want to select it.
- Click Add.
- The current language will be shown next to the clock. Click it to change the language or set preferences.